A detached 1950’s property with separate Boat House, set in 2.5 acres, and having direct access onto the Menai Strait
Enviable location on Anglesey Direct access onto the Menai Strait Versatile accommodation Separate open-plan Boat House, currently used as a holiday let Two self-contained first floor apartments Views over the water to Snowdonia
Cadnant Gate, built in the 1950’s, occupies one of the most sought-after locations in the region, directly on the Menai Strait. In addition, there is a self-contained apartment at lower ground floor level, accommodation on the first floor which has its own separate external entrance but that can be accessed from the ground floor internally, and a detached Boat House at the bottom of the garden which is currently used as a holiday let. Cadnant Gate offers versatile accommodation which can be modified to suit a prospective purchaser’s need, subject to the necessary planning consents being granted. Access to the accommodation is via a carriage double door which leads directly into the dining hall. From here all rooms on the ground floor can be accessed. There is a large south facing drawing room with picture windows to two elevations giving panoramic views over the Straits and to the Snowdonia Mountain range, and a door with access onto the large veranda. The kitchen/breakfast room, with an Aga and a range of wall and base units, looks over the terrace to the North West elevation and gives access to a porch and a utility area. At the far end of the property, there are three double bedrooms (two en-suite) and a family bathroom. The inner hallway also doubles up as a library area and gives access, via a ‘slingsby ladder’, to the first floor accommodation. The first floor is currently used as a self-contained apartment with bedroom, washroom and a kitchenette. This area also has its own external entrance. On the lower ground floor is a self-contained apartment, which has been part-converted from garage into three studio areas, one of which has a living space, wash room, separate shower room and utility room. The original metal overhead swing door remains but the entrance to the studios is through attractive folding glazed French doors, with a covered outside seating space looking over to the water and rose gardens. This apartment has external access only and again has been used to provide a rental income. The Boat House is arranged over two floors: on the ground floor is a large open plan kitchen, living and dining area with wood burning stove, along with a wet room. An open-tread staircase leads to the first floor mezzanine, which has restricted headroom but gives an additional seating area and bedroom.
The property is accessed by a circular private driveway. Wide lawns stretch from the property to the water front containing well established trees, flowering shrubs, herbaceous borders, as well as rose and water gardens. A small area of woodland contains a gardener’s bothy on the border of the property; stretching towards the Boat House within this acre of water-front is a polytunnel and vegetable garden with delightful seating areas from which to enjoy the magnificent views.
Approximate Square Meters :
Lot Acres: 2.5